Thursday, November 04, 2004

it's the night before...

i leave & i'm all packed up & restless. of course i can't sleep even though i should. the past few days have been full of family time & last minute errands. my parents have put up with me quite gracefully considering the rather frantic state i'm in. but as most of you know, everything always works out in the end. i have a new backpack that i have filled to capacity with warm clothes for england & france & another small bag that is filled with small gifts for my relatives. i'm sure i've overpacked but...i can shed. at least that is what i intend on doing. every stop will lighten my step.
the digital camera my father got me was intimidating at first but my brother came over & schooled me as only a little brother that is more technologically comfortable can do. i hope to be able to post photos on ofoto that y'all can access.
my sister called tonight & asked if she could come with me. she hasn't wanted to talk to anyone since bush won the election. says everyone in seattle is walking around consoling each other. i assume that the same is true all over the place. nearly half of the states in a state of defeat. i doubt unity will come easily or soon. & so i am ready to leave this divided nation for a while & remember again what it feels like to be a citizen of the world.
on that note, i am emigrating to my bed.
good night sweet dreams & don't let the bed bugs bite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home